Rules of North Dakota (from my Mom):
1. Pull your droopy pants up. You look like an idiot.
2. Let’s get this straight; it’s called a "gravel road." I drive a pickup truck because I want to. No matter how slow you drive, you’re going to get dust on your Lexus. Drive it or get out of the way.
3. They are cattle & oil wells. That’s what they smell like to you. They smell like money to us. Get over it. Don’t like it? I-94 go east and west, I-29 goes north and south. Pick one.
4. So you have a $60,000 car. We’re impressed. We have $250,000 combines that are driven only 3 weeks a year.
5. So every person in every pickup waves. It’s called being friendly. Try to understand the concept.
6. If that cell phone rings while a bunch of ducks are coming in, we
WILL shoot it out of your hand. You better hope you don’t have it up to your ear at the time.
7. Yeah, we eat catfish & crawfish. You really want sushi & caviar? It’s available at the corner bait shop.
8. The "Opener" refers to the first day of deer season. It’s a religious holiday held the closest Saturday to the first of November.
9. We open doors for women. That is applied to all women, regardless of age.
10. No, there’s no "vegetarian special" on the menu. Order steak. Or you can order the Chef’s Salad and pick off the 2 pounds of ham & turkey.
11. When we fill out a table, there are three main dishes: meats, vegetables, and breads. We use three spices: salt, pepper, and Picante Sauce!! Oh, yeah….We don’t care what you folks in Cincinnati call that stuff you eat…IT AIN’T REAL CHILI!! Chili was born and bred in Bismarck ….and real chili never met a tomato!
12. You bring "coke" into my house, it better be brown, wet, and served over ice. You bring "Mary Jane" into my house, she better be cute, know how to shoot, drive a truck, and have long hair.
13. College and High School Basketball is as important here as the Lakers and the Knicks, and a dang site more fun to watch.
14. Yeah, we have golf courses. But don’t hit the water hazards —
it spooks the fish.
15. Colleges? Try North Dakota State University , University of North Dakota, or Saint Mary’s College . They come outta there with an education plus a love for God and country, and they still wave at passing pickups when they come for the holidays.
16. We have more folks in the Army, Navy, Air Force, and Marines, than any other state, so "Don’t Mess with North Dakota ," If you do, you will get whipped by the best.
North Dakota is the greatest state ever!! If you are from North Dakota you are one bad hombre!!! If you do not repost this you are not a true North Dakotan!!!!!!