Lewis Cunningham has once again given us a gem from the world of Oracle’s relational DBMS! This time, he has written ORA_Tweet, an API to send/receive Tweets (microblog posts) from within Oracle 11g. Major kudos to Lewis Cunningham for writing and releasing ORA Tweet to Sourceforge.net 🙂
Call the Twitter API from within an Oracle database. ORA_Tweet uses the UTL_HTTP API within Oracle to call the update_status API. It is written completely in PL/SQL.
So, my question is… Will someone write a Flickr API for Sybase ASE?
I’m sorry folks, I got wrapped up in the ways of the physical world and then was sick the past few days.
Recently I tried installing vmware tools in a Ubuntu 8.04.1 JEOS Server virtual machine with no success. After a bit of googling, I came across the Peter Cooper’s blog that outlined the procedure rather well for VMware Fusion, but it works for VMware Server and VMware Workstation just fine. Essentially:
- download Open VM Tools from Sourceforge
- Mount VMware tools (Host -> VM -> Install VMware Tools), mount /dev/cdrom
- Extract the vmware tools to /tmp
- Extract and compile Open VM Tools (./configure)
- Tar up the compiled open vm tools and copy to the vmware tools directory
- Run vmware-install.pl
See Peter’s blog for step by step instructions.